Our LawyersMeet our lawyers behind the firm
Maureen Ryan, B.A., LL.B.
Preferred Practice Areas
Maureen Ryan’s preferred practice areas are business, corporate, real estate, wills and estates, immigration and uncontested divorces.
Maureen’s significant corporate and business law experience makes her a trusted counsel advisor to her business clients. She advises entrepreneurs on business formation and companies on corporate governance and directorship issues. Her work also involves incorporations, business contracts, amalgamations, acquisitions, sales, secured financing transactions and shareholder and partnership negotiations and agreements.
Maureen helps individuals with elder law issues and with their estate planning. She is experienced in drafting wills, powers of attorney and personal care directives and in the formation of trusts. She enjoys counselling executors and trustees on estate and trust administration. Maureen also advises her business clients on small business succession plans to achieve the transfer of businesses and assets to the next generation.
- Chair, Nova Scotia Real Property section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and Service Nova Scotia Liaison Committee
- Member and past executive member, Successfully Speaking Women
- Dalhousie Law School (now Schulich Law School) (LL.B.)
- St. Francis Xavier University (B.A.)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society